Cowboys' Brent reinstated, suspended for 10 games (Yahoo Sports)
- Former Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Brent is being allowed to return to the NFL, though he won't play right away. The NFL on Tuesday outlined a series of conditions Brent must meet to be eligible to play when the Cowboys return from their bye week in November. Brent retired last year and was sentenced to 180 days in jail after a trial earlier this year. The NFL says Brent will be suspended for the first 10 games of the season for his intoxication manslaughter conviction in the 2012 death of teammate Jerry Brown.
Monfils beats Dimitrov, into quarters of US Open (Yahoo Sports)
- NEW YORK (AP) -- Gael Monfils, a flashy Frenchman known more for his shot-making than results, beat Grigor Dimitrov 7-5, 7-6 (6), 7-5 on Tuesday to reach the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open for the first time since 2010.
Monfils upsets Dimitrov in New York
- France's 20th seed Gael Monfils upsets seventh seed Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria to reach the US Open quarter-finals.
Trott joins British road racing team
- Olympic track cycling champion Laura Trott leaves Wiggle-Honda to join British team Matrix Fitness Vulpine.
Gael Monfils into quarters of US Open (Yahoo Sports)
- NEW YORK (AP) -- Gael Monfils beat Grigor Dmitrov 7-5, 7-6 (6), 7-5 on Tuesday to reach the quarterfinals of the U.S. Open for the first time since 2010.
Belichick says he'll make call on Gronk return (Yahoo Sports)
- One day after Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski pronounced himself ready to return, Bill Belichick reminded him it will be the coach's decision.
Baylor QB Petty plans to play with cracked bones (Yahoo Sports)
- Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty says he plans to play for the 10th-ranked Bears in Saturday's night game against Northwestern State despite two cracked small bones in his back. He also ran for a score to put Baylor up 31-0.
England 'must review Cook ODI role'
Serena has ankle re-taped in US Open doubles loss (Yahoo Sports)
- Serena Williams took a medical timeout to have her right ankle re-taped and later double-faulted on the last two points as she and sister Venus lost in the doubles quarterfinals at the U.S. The Williams sisters, owners of 13 Grand Slam doubles titles, were beaten 7-6 (5), 6-4 Tuesday by the fourth-seeded Russian duo of Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina. They play their quarterfinal matches in that event Wednesday, with Serena - who has dropped only 17 games through four rounds - meeting 11th-seeded Flavia Pennetta, and Makarova taking on 16th-seeded Victoria Azarenka. Open singles titles since Chris Evert won four in a row from 1975-78.
NFL suspends Irsay 6 games, fines him $500,000 (Yahoo Sports)
- The NFL suspended Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay for the first six games of the season Tuesday and fined him $500,000 for violating its personal conduct policy, coming down hard just hours after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor stemming from an embarrassing March traffic stop. Commissioner Roger Goodell said Irsay is barred from team facilities, practices and games and cannot represent the Colts and NFL meetings or events. ''I have stated on numerous occasions that owners, management personnel and coaches must be held to a higher standard than players,'' Goodell told Irsay in a letter released publicly by the NFL.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found