England well beaten in T20 opener
- England lose by 27 runs to fall behind in three-match series.
Broad to miss rest of T20 series
Windies thrash England in T20 opener
- England suffer a 27-run defeat by West Indies in the first of three Twenty20 internationals in Barbados.
Wichita State makes it 34-0, wins Valley tourney (Yahoo Sports)
- Fred VanVleet scored 22 points including several key baskets late to lead another strong ensemble effort and No. 2 Wichita State remained the nation's lone unbeaten after defeating Indiana State 83-69 on Sunday in the Missouri Valley Conference tournament final. Tekele Cotton added 20 points - with four 3-pointers - and Ron Baker had 14 points for the Shockers (34-0), who got tested in the second half before putting the title game out of reach with a 13-0 run capped by two 3-pointers from VanVleet that put them up by 18 points with 5:38 to go. Wichita State matched the NCAA record for victories to start the season held by UNLV in 1990-91 with its third straight convincing tournament win after going 18-0 in the conference regular season. Manny Arop and Justin Gant had 18 points apiece for second-seeded Indiana State (23-10), which has one of the closer calls against Wichita State with a seven-point loss at home in early February.
Stylish England rewarded for ambition and verve
- While England's star seems on the rise, BBC Sport's Tom Fordyce wonders if a poor Six Nations hints at a deeper Wales malaise
Sources: Vikings agree with Griffen, Brinkley (Yahoo Sports)
- Two people with direct knowledge of the deal tell The Associated Press that Minnesota defensive end Everson Griffen has agreed to terms on a five-year contract to stay with the team. The people spoke to the AP on Sunday on condition of anonymity because the Vikings haven't announced the deal. Griffen's contract is worth up to $42.5 million and he's guaranteed $20 million, the people with knowledge of the deal said. The Vikings also agreed on a one-year contract with middle linebacker Jasper Brinkley, according to another person with direct knowledge of that deal.
Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat 95-88 in OT (Yahoo Sports)
- Joakim Noah had 20 points and 12 rebounds, D.J. Augustin scored 22 and the Chicago Bulls beat the Miami Heat 95-88 in overtime Sunday after Jimmy Butler blocked LeBron James at the end of regulation. Dwyane Wade scored 25 for Miami, but with James struggling again, the Heat dropped their third straight to match their longest losing streak of the season. James scored 17 points on 8-of-23 shooting and couldn't come through after Miami blew a 12-point lead down the stretch. Chicago outscored Miami 9-2, starting with Augustin's 3 just under a minute in.
No. 7 Syracuse ends losing streak with 74-58 win (Yahoo Sports)
- TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- C.J. Fair scored 22 points and No. 7 Syracuse closed the regular season with a 74-58 victory in the program's first trip to Florida State.
Braves P Medlen leaves start with strained forearm (Yahoo Sports)
- PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. (AP) -- Braves starter Kris Medlen left in the fourth inning of Sunday's game against the New York Mets with a strained right forearm.
Jets release cornerback Antonio Cromartie (Yahoo Sports)
- The New York Jets have released cornerback Antonio Cromartie, a decision that saves the team millions of dollars under its salary cap. Cromartie was entering the final year of his four-year deal and was scheduled to cost the Jets' cap $14.98 million this season - including a $5 million roster bonus that would kick in later this month. There's a chance the Jets could bring back Cromartie at a lesser salary, unless the two-time Pro Bowl selection chooses to explore free agency. The 29-year-old Cromartie is coming off perhaps his worst season as he struggled with a hip ailment for most of the year while continuing to play as the Jets' No. 1 cornerback.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found