Tigers agree to deal with Joe Nathan (Yahoo Sports)
- Joe Nathan expects to fit in just fine in Detroit - and now the Tigers don't have to face the closer who has dominated them more than perhaps any other in baseball. Nathan agreed with Detroit on a two-year contract with a club option for 2016, enabling the Tigers to accomplish one of their main objectives this offseason by adding one of the game's most accomplished closers to the bullpen. The three-time defending AL Central champions announced the deal Wednesday, two days after trading right-handed starter Doug Fister to Washington. It's been a busy offseason already for Detroit, which traded slugger Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler in a move that, coupled with the trade of Fister, gave the Tigers more financial flexibility.
Fulham 1-2 Tottenham Hotspur
- Lewis Holtby's winner ends Tottenham's four-match winless run as Fulham lose in Rene Meulensteen's first game in charge.
Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over (Yahoo Sports)
- The prosecutor overseeing the investigation of sexual assault allegations against Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston says it is completed. State Attorney Willie Meggs has scheduled a news conference at 2 p.m. Thursday in his office to announce his findings. ESPN has previously reported that DNA belonging to Winston was found in the underwear of the accuser. A lawyer for Winston has suggested that the star quarterback and the accuser had consensual sex.
Browns DE Bryant out with irregular heartbeat (Yahoo Sports)
- Browns defensive end Desmond Bryant's season has ended because of an irregular heartbeat that will require surgery. Bryant, who signed a five-year, $34 million contract as a free agent with Cleveland in March, reported symptoms on Monday morning, a team spokesman said. Bryant played in Sunday's game against Jacksonville and was credited with four pressures on Jaguars quarterback Chad Henne. The Browns said Bryant will undergo ''a minor heart procedure'' this week.
West Bromwich Albion 2-3 Manchester City
- Yaya Toure scores twice as Manchester City clinch only their second away Premier League win of the season.
Sunderland 3-4 Chelsea
- Eden Hazard scores two fine goals as Chelsea increase Sunderland's relegation fears in a seven-goal thriller.
Arsenal 2-0 Hull City
- Nicklas Bendtner's rare goal helps Arsenal sweep past Hull to maintain their lead at the Premier League summit.
Manchester United 0-1 Everton
- Bryan Oviedo scores only goal as Toffees win at Old Trafford.
Liverpool 5-1 Norwich City
Tigers finalize deal with Joe Nathan (Yahoo Sports)
- The Detroit Tigers agreed to terms with free agent reliever Joe Nathan on a two-year contract with a club option for 2016 on Wednesday, accomplishing one of their main objectives this offseason by adding one of baseball's most accomplished closers to the bullpen. The three-time defending AL Central champions announced the deal two days after trading right-hander Doug Fister to Washington. It's been a busy offseason already for Detroit, which traded slugger Prince Fielder to Texas for Ian Kinsler in a move that, coupled with the trade of Fister, gave the Tigers more financial flexibility. Detroit's bullpen was unsettled for much of last season.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- NCAA Hockey
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Premier League
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
- Early Doors(UK) - Soccer
- Jim White(UK) - Soccer
- Paul Parker(UK) - Soccer
No news found