Ginobili will not play for Argentina at World Cup (Yahoo Sports)
- Manu Ginobili will not play for Argentina at the FIBA World Cup because of a stress fracture in his right leg that has bothered the San Antonio Spurs guard since the playoffs. The Argentine Basketball Federation announced the decision on Thursday. The World Cup will be played starting Aug. 30 in Spain, and Ginobili's loss is a big blow for Argentina's chances. The 37-year-old Ginobili played through the injury while helping the Spurs beat the Miami Heat in the NBA Finals.
Hat-trick of golds for England gymnasts
A's deal Tommy Milone to Twins for Sam Fuld (Yahoo Sports)
- OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- The Oakland Athletics have traded left-hander Tommy Milone to the Minnesota Twins for outfielder Sam Fuld.
England's Whitlock wins third gold
Lord Coe praises 'sensational' Games
- British Olympic Association chairman Lord Coe praises a "sensational" Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games.
AP source: A's acquire Lester, Gomes for Cespedes (Yahoo Sports)
- OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- A person with knowledge of the trade says the Oakland Athletics have won the Jon Lester sweepstakes, acquiring the left-hander along with outfielder Jonny Gomes from the Boston Red Sox for slugging outfielder Yoenis Cespedes before Thursday's trade deadline.
Cook relieved by England victory
- Captain Alastair Cook is pleased that England's win in the third Test against India has ended a bad run of form.
China's Li Na pulls out of US Open because of knee (Yahoo Sports)
- Two-time major champion Li Na pulled out of the U.S. Open on Thursday because of a knee injury she said has bothered her for several months. The only tennis player from China to win a Grand Slam singles title also withdrew from hard-court tournaments in Montreal and Cincinnati over the next two weeks. The second-ranked Li wrote in a posting on Facebook that she has ''been struggling'' with her knee since March ''and it is just not where I need it to be in order to play at the highest level.'' She also said: ''My medical team has advised me that I need to take some time off to rest my knee.'' Li did not specify which knee, but she played with her right knee taped up at Wimbledon, her most recent tournament. Li won the Australian Open in January for her second major title.
Dowsett wins men's time trial gold
- England's Alex Dowsett, runner-up at Delhi 2010, digs deep late on to win the Commonwealth Games men's cycling time trial.
Cavalryman wins Goodwood Cup
- Cavalryman comes through late on to win the Goodwood Cup, ahead of Ahzeemah and last year's winner Brown Panther.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found