Etherington wins downhill silver for GB
- Britain's Jade Etherington wins silver in the women's visually impaired downhill at the Sochi Winter Paralympics.
Rockets win 4th straight, 112-86 over Pacers (Yahoo Sports)
- James Harden had 28 points and the Houston Rockets used a huge third quarter to turn a close game into a blowout in a 112-86 win over the Indiana Pacers on Friday night. Harden scored 16 in Houston's 38-point third quarter, which turned a three-point lead into a 29-point advantage. He also got into a dustup with Evan Turner that resulted in both players receiving technical fouls. Harden and Dwight Howard went to the bench for the fourth period and watched their teammates wrap up Houston's fourth consecutive win.
Harvard beats Yale 70-58 to earn NCAA berth (Yahoo Sports)
- Siyani Chambers scored 17 points and Harvard became the first team to clinch a berth in this year's NCAA tournament with a 70-58 win over arch-rival Yale on Friday night to capture the Ivy League title. Steve Moundou-Missi added 16 points and Brandyn Curry chipped in with 14 for Harvard (25-4, 12-1), which won its seventh straight. Justin Sears had 28 points and 13 rebounds for the Bulldogs (15-12, 9-4). Harvard, which had already secured at least a share of the Ivy title for the fourth straight year, will make its third straight trip to the NCAA tournament, after a drought that dated back to 1946.
AP source: Saints tell Sproles he won't return (Yahoo Sports)
- A person familiar with the situation says Darren Sproles has been informed that the Saints will release him if they are unable to trade him before free agency begins. New Orleans' decision to part with Sproles is the latest in a series of cost-cutting moves, including Friday's release of receiver Lance Moore. Sproles, used as a running back, receiver and return specialist, is due $3.4 million in base salary in 2014. The moves give the Saints more flexibility under the NFL's salary cap as they try to sign free agent tight end Jimmy Graham to an extension.
AP Source: Cassel to re-sign with Vikings (Yahoo Sports)
- Matt Cassel was one day away from hitting the free agent market and fielding offers from other suitors. Then the Minnesota Vikings swooped in at the last minute. The Vikings agreed to terms with Cassel on Friday on a deal that will keep him in Minnesota, a person with knowledge of the situation told The Associated Press. The move helps solidify the Vikings' shaky quarterback situation.
UCSB fan arrested after confronting rival coach (Yahoo Sports)
- A UC Santa Barbara fan who went on court and confronted Hawaii coach Gib Arnold during a game has been arrested. UCSB athletic department spokesman Bill Mahoney said Friday the man was arrested after the incident in the first half of Thursday night's game. Gauchos basketball coach Bob Williams apologized to Arnold for the incident in which the fan confronted Arnold while the coach was arguing a call that went against Hawaii.
A day of survival at Doral (Yahoo Sports)
- Matt Kuchar played out of the rough to tap-in range for birdie on the 18th hole for a 2-over 74 that allowed him to join an exclusive group at the Cadillac Championship - one of only four survivors to par. Patrick Reed made only two birdies in his round of 75. Hunter Mahan atoned for a triple bogey with a 4-iron into 5 feet for eagle on the eighth hole, giving him a 74.
McIlroy & McDowell one off Doral lead
Saints release WR Lance Moore (Yahoo Sports)
- The New Orleans Saints released veteran receiver Lance Moore on Friday. Before the move was announced, Moore all but confirmed it with a note on Twitter. Moore wrote: ''Thank you New Orleans for an amazing nine years. Who Dat Nation, the best on earth!!!'' Moore entered the NFL with Cleveland as an undrafted free agent out of Toledo in 2005 and joined the Saints' practice squad later that season.
Watson beaten by Poland's Radwanska
- Heather Watson exits the BNP Paribas Open in the second round with a 6-4 6-3 loss to Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found