Dubinsky, Foligno lift CBJ to 1st home playoff win (Yahoo Sports)
- Brandon Dubinsky scored with 22.5 seconds left in regulation to force overtime and Nick Foligno's wrist shot just inside the blue line 2:49 into the extra session gave the Columbus Blue Jackets a 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins on Wednesday night. The Blue Jackets overcame a 3-0 deficit for their first home playoff victory in the franchise's 13 seasons, sending the series back to Pittsburgh for Game 5 on Saturday night tied 2-2. Craig Adams, Chris Kunitz, James Neal scored in a span of 5:01 of the first period to stake the Penguins to a 3-0 lead.
Heat go up 2-0, hold off Bobcats 101-97 (Yahoo Sports)
- LeBron James scored 32 points and added eight assists, Chris Bosh scored 20 points and the Miami Heat held on to beat the Charlotte Bobcats 101-97 on Wednesday night to take a 2-0 lead in their Eastern Conference first-round series. Dwyane Wade scored 15 points, and had a steal in the final seconds to help seal the win for Miami. Mario Chalmers added 11 for the Heat. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist scored 22 points for Charlotte, which got 18 points and 13 rebounds from Al Jefferson, who played through a left plantar fascia strain and shot 9 for 23 from the floor.
Wild's Matt Cooke gets 7-game suspension from NHL (Yahoo Sports)
- ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) -- Minnesota Wild left wing Matt Cooke has been suspended for seven games by the NHL for a knee-to-knee hit that injured Colorado Avalanche defenseman Tyson Barrie.
Blues C Backes scratched for Game 4 (Yahoo Sports)
- St. Louis center David Backes was scratched Wednesday night for Game 4 of the Blues' first-round playoff series against the Chicago Blackhawks due to an upper-body injury. Backes did not participate in St. Louis' morning skate, but coach Ken Hitchcock did not rule him out for the game. The final word came when Backes was on the list of scratches on the pregame roster report. Forward Brenden Morrow also was scratched after Hitchcock said earlier in the day that he would miss the rest of the series.
Yanks pitcher Pineda ejected for substance on neck (Yahoo Sports)
- New York Yankees pitcher Michael Pineda was ejected from a game against the Boston Red Sox in the second inning Wednesday night after umpires found a foreign substance on his neck. Pineda's ejection occurred 13 days after the right-hander had brown goo on the lower part of the palm of his pitching hand during a 4-1 win over Boston at Yankee Stadium. But with two outs, no runners and a 1-2 count on Grady Sizemore on Wednesday, Farrell left the dugout to talk with plate umpire Gerry Davis, who went to the mound. Davis touched the right side of the pitcher's neck with his index finger then ejected Pineda as other umpires and Yankee infielders stood nearby.
Seahawks to open NFL season vs. Packers (Yahoo Sports)
- NEW YORK (AP) -- As Super Bowl champions, the Seattle Seahawks get to kick off the NFL's regular season by hosting the Green Bay Packers on Sept. 4.
Ducks without captain Getzlaf, Selanne in Game 4 (Yahoo Sports)
- DALLAS (AP) -- Anaheim Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf is out of Game 4 against the Dallas Stars because of an upper-body injury.
Padres' Josh Johnson to undergo 2nd elbow surgery (Yahoo Sports)
- San Diego Padres starter Josh Johnson is scheduled to undergo elbow ligament-replacement surgery for the second time and will miss the entire season. He strained his elbow during spring training and the Padres initially thought he would be out about one month. He was examined after the lastest setback by Dr. James Andrews, who performed Tommy John surgery on Johnson in 2007. You know Josh Johnson has been banged up the last couple of years.
Weight concerns behind Phelps return
Moyes, Woodward and the doomed presentation
- David Moyes 'livid' at Manchester United treatment after 10 months characterised by poor communication and difficult relationships
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA