Bale finally emerges from Ronaldo's shadow
- Gareth Bale proves he can be a game-changer on the big occasion for Real Madrid with the winner in the Copa del Rey final
O'Sullivan to face lowest seed Hull
- Defending champion Ronnie O'Sullivan drawn to face Robin Hull in the first round of the World Championship in Sheffield.
Bale targets Real Madrid treble
Pistorius forensic tests challenged
- The tests carried out by a forensic expert for Oscar Pistorius' murder trial are being rigorously challenged by the state prosecutor in South Africa.
Palace loss should not stand - Cardiff
- The BBC obtain a letter sent by Cardiff City that says their defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not stand.
Weise's OT goal lifts Canadiens over Lightning 5-4 (Yahoo Sports)
- Dale Weise scored 18:08 into overtime to give the Montreal Canadiens a 5-4 victory over the Tampa Bay Lightning in the opening game of their Eastern Conference quarterfinal playoff series on Wednesday night. Daniel Briere passed from behind the net to Weise in the right circle, and he beat Anders Lindback for the winning score. Carey Price stopped 21 shots for the Canadiens, who blew a pair of third-period leads. Brian Gionta had a short-handed goal and Tomas Plekanec, Lars Eller and Thomas Vanek also scored for Montreal.
Durant has 42, Thunder beat Pistons 112-111 (Yahoo Sports)
- Kevin Durant scored 42 points, including 21 in the fourth quarter, and the Oklahoma City Thunder secured the No. 2 playoff seed in the Western Conference, rallying from 10-point fourth-quarter deficit to beat the Detroit Pistons 112-111 Wednesday night. Oklahoma City (59-23) had lost two straight to put itself in the must-win situation in the regular-season finale to earn the No. 2 seed. He drove for the go-ahead dunk with 16.5 seconds left, and after a scramble for a loose ball resulted in a jump ball in Detroit's end with 1.8 seconds left, he won a tip over Greg Monroe. Detroit's Brandon Jennings managed a 30-foot heave at the buzzer that banged off the rim.
White wash: Yanks sweep Cubs 3-0, 2-0 (Yahoo Sports)
- Michael Pineda followed an overpowering outing by Masahiro Tanaka with one of his own, pitching six innings of four-hit ball as the New York Yankees beat the Chicago Cubs 2-0 on a bitterly cold Wednesday night to complete its first doubleheader shutout sweep since 1987. Carlos Beltran homered for a third straight game, off Jason Hammel in the first inning of the Cubs' first regular-season game at the current Yankee Stadium. Brett Gardner and Scott Sizemore had RBI singles off Travis Wood (0-2) in the nightcap, helping the Yankees win for the fifth time in six games and handing Chicago its fourth straight loss.
Teheran 3-hits Phillies; Braves win 1-0 (Yahoo Sports)
- PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Julio Teheran pitched a three-hitter, Evan Gattis homered among a career-best four hits, and the Atlanta Braves beat the Philadelphia Phillies 1-0 Wednesday night.
Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title (Yahoo Sports)
- VALENCIA, Spain (AP) -- Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
Early Doors - Soccer
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found