Boston's Farrell: Castillo is "exciting, athletic" (Yahoo Sports)
- BOSTON (AP) -- Red Sox manager John Farrell calls outfielder Rusney Castillo ''an exciting, athletic player.''
Selig hasn't changed outlook about Rose (Yahoo Sports)
- CINCINNATI (AP) -- As his term winds down, baseball Commissioner Bud Selig hasn't changed his outlook on Pete Rose's lifetime ban for gambling.
McIlroy fights back in play-offs
Washington Post strikes 'Redskins' from editorials (Yahoo Sports)
- The Washington Post says it will stop calling Washington's football team the ''Redskins'' on its editorial page. The paper's editorial board announced Friday that it will refrain from using the term that it says ''unquestionably offends not only many Native Americans but many other Americans, too.'' The board operates independently of the paper's newsgathering operation. Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed never to change the name, saying it honors Native Americans.
Scott, Tringale tied for the lead at Barclays (Yahoo Sports)
- PARAMUS, N.J. (AP) -- Now that the majors are over, Adam Scott is going after the one big prize remaining this year - a shot at the $10 million FedEx Cup prize.
Ward held up by rain at US Open
- James Ward is one set from a place in the US Open main draw after rain interrupted his match against Moldova's Radu Albot.
Ward loses in US Open qualifying
- British number two James Ward misses out on a place in the US Open main draw after losing his final qualifying match against Moldova's Radu Albot.
Arrieta leads Cubs past Orioles 4-1 (Yahoo Sports)
- CHICAGO (AP) -- Jake Arrieta shut down his former team, holding Baltimore to four hits in seven innings and Javier Baez homered again as the Chicago Cubs beat the Orioles 4-1 on Friday.
Guilty plea entered in Cuban ballplayer smuggling (Yahoo Sports)
- A man accused of masterminding a human trafficking ring pleaded guilty Friday to U.S. Lazo is already serving a five-year prison sentence for money laundering in a Medicare fraud case and now faces up to 20 additional years behind bars. Lazo agreed to cooperate with investigators, which could reduce his prison time when he is sentenced later this year. Prosecutors say Lazo led an organization that smuggled Cubans by boat into Mexico, where they were held until ransom payments were made.
Chiefs OT Stephenson suspended for PEDs violation (Yahoo Sports)
- KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) -- Chiefs offensive tackle Donald Stephenson has been suspended by the NFL for the first four games of the regular season for violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.
Early Doors - Soccer
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found