Gallagher wins Paralympic gold
- Kelly Gallagher wins Britain's first ever Winter Paralympic gold with victory in the Super-G event in Sochi.
Mavs extend Pacers' skid to 4 with 105-94 win (Yahoo Sports)
- Monta Ellis and Devin Harris scored 20 points apiece and the Dallas Mavericks extended Indiana's season-long losing streak to four games with a 105-94 victory against the Pacers on Sunday night. The Pacers rallied from 17 points down in the first half and almost wiped out another double-digit deficit after halftime, but had the same offensive troubles late that plagued them early in the game. Paul George had 27 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Pacers, who stayed a game and a half up on Miami for the lead in the Eastern Conference after the Heat lost in overtime to Chicago. Dirk Nowitzki scored 14 points on a tough shooting night as the Mavericks swept the two-game season series from the Pacers, who were coming off their most lopsided loss in a 26-point defeat at Houston.
Warriors' Curry limited because of strained quad (Yahoo Sports)
- Golden State Warriors point guard Stephen Curry says he will play limited minutes for the foreseeable future because of a strained right quad. Curry said before the Warriors hosted the Suns on Sunday night that an MRI on his quad revealed the strain. He said he injured his quad during Golden State's win at Boston on Wednesday and began to feel pain again during Friday's victory over Atlanta. ''It was getting kind of worse and worse, especially if I sat down for an extended period of time, it got a little stiff,'' Curry said.
Reed on a roll, wins a World Golf Championship (Yahoo Sports)
- Patrick Reed felt he belongs among the best in the world. Dressed in a red shirt that he always wears in the final round - with Tiger Woods in the group ahead of him - Reed made back-to-back birdies early on the front nine to build a big lead and showed off a great short game when the pressure was building on the new Blue Monster at Doral. He two-putted for bogey and closed with an even-par 72 for a one-shot victory over Bubba Watson and Jamie Donaldson of Wales. Reed became the youngest winner of a World Golf Championship, his third win in his last 14 tournaments.
Reed edges Donaldson to win at Doral
- American Patrick Reed cards a final-round 71 for a one-stroke win in the WGC-Cadillac Championship at Doral.
Source: Vikings agree with Griffen, Brinkley (Yahoo Sports)
- MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- A person with direct knowledge of the deal told The Associated Press that Minnesota defensive end Everson Griffen has agreed to terms on a five-year contract to stay with the team.
Meeks powers Lakers past Durant, Thunder 114-110 (Yahoo Sports)
- Jodie Meeks scored 24 of his career-high 42 points in the second half, and the Los Angeles Lakers beat Oklahoma City 114-110 on Sunday despite a triple-double by Thunder star Kevin Durant. Pau Gasol added 20 points and 11 rebounds for the injury-ravaged Lakers, who had lost 29 of their previous 37 games. Meeks was 11 of 18 from the field and 14 for 14 at the line while becoming the third player to reach the 30-point mark this season for Los Angeles. Serge Ibaka had 21 points and 15 boards for Oklahoma City.
Keselowski edges Junior on last lap in Las Vegas (Yahoo Sports)
- Brad Keselowski surged ahead on the final lap when Dale Earnhardt Jr. ran out of fuel, claiming a dramatic victory Sunday in the NASCAR race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway. When Earnhardt's Chevy slowed in the final miles, Keselowski roared past in his Penske Ford for the first weekend sweep in his career. The Daytona 500 champion also finished second last week at Phoenix before improving the best start to a season in his NASCAR career. The Las Vegas race is the first of 11 on 1.5-mile tracks, and NASCAR spent much of the offseason working on ways to improve the racing on these tracks with a new aerodynamics package and other improvements.
Agent confirms Mendenhall retiring from NFL (Yahoo Sports)
- Running back Rashard Mendenhall is retiring from the NFL at the age of 26. Agent Mike McCartney confirmed via Twitter on Sunday that Mendenhall had decided to end his playing career after six NFL seasons, all but one of them with the Pittsburgh Steelers. Mendenhall, the Steelers' first-round draft pick and 23rd overall selection out of Illinois in 2008, gained 4,326 career yards, averaging 3.9 yards per carry.
England well beaten in T20 opener
- England lose by 27 runs to fall behind in three-match series.
Jim White - Soccer
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found