England's Laugher wins diving gold
- England's Jack Laugher eases to Commonwealth Games gold with a dominant display in the men's 1m springboard final.
UCLA wades through damage caused by flooding (Yahoo Sports)
- A ruptured 93-year-old water main left the UCLA campus awash in 8 million gallons of water in the middle of California's worst drought in decades, stranding people in parking garages and flooding the school's storied basketball court less than two years after a major renovation. ''Unfortunately UCLA was the sink for this water source,'' UCLA Chancellor Gene Block said.
England close in on win over India
- England will be confident of beating India in the third Test to level the series, after setting them a target of 445.
Premier League to use vanishing spray
- Vanishing spray used by referees at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil will be used in Premier League games next season.
Nadal out of 2 tournaments because of right wrist (Yahoo Sports)
- Rafael Nadal is withdrawing from hard-court tournaments in Toronto and Cincinnati because of a right wrist injury, putting his status in doubt for a title defense at the U.S. Open. Nadal plays left-handed, but he uses a two-handed backhand.
Raiders owner confirms talks with San Antonio (Yahoo Sports)
- Oakland Raiders owner Mark Davis confirmed he has met with San Antonio officials but declined to disclose whether he has any interest in relocating the franchise to Texas. ''Former San Antonio mayor Henry Cisneros is a friend, and Henry suggested I take the opportunity to meet with some city officials while I was in town,'' Davis said in a statement Tuesday night. ''I have nothing further to discuss on the topic.'' The San Antonio Express-News reported that Davis met on July 18 with Cisneros, then-Mayor Julian Castro, City Manager Sheryl Sculley and the president of the San Antonio Chamber of Commerce to discuss potentially moving the Raiders from Oakland to San Antonio.
Everton set for Â£23.7m Lukaku signing
Daley to enter 10m synchro event
- Tom Daley will compete for England in 10m synchro diving event at the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow on Friday.
Whitlock wins second gymnastics gold
Everton set to sign Chelsea's Lukaku
- Everton are close to signing Belgian World Cup striker Romelu Lukaku from Chelsea on a permanent deal.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found