Abreu hits 30th HR, White Sox beat Twins 9-5 (Yahoo Sports)
- Jose Abreu hit his major league-leading 30th homer and drove in three runs, leading the Chicago White Sox past the Minnesota Twins 9-5 on Friday night. The Cuban rookie has 77 RBIs - Detroit's Miguel Cabrera began the day leading the majors with 80. Alexei Ramirez and Tyler Flowers also homered for the White Sox. Dayan Viciedo tied a career high with four of Chicago's 17 hits.
Price, Rays beat Red Sox for 8th straight victory (Yahoo Sports)
- David Price won his sixth start in a row, Evan Longoria hit a three-run double and the Tampa Bay Rays earned their eighth straight victory, beating the Boston Red Sox 6-4 on Friday night. The Red Sox lost their fourth consecutive game. He tied the team record shared by Matt Moore and Scott Kazmir for victories in consecutive starts. This was Price's first game against Boston since he hit David Ortiz with a fastball on May 30, setting off a verbal skirmish between the stars.
Ichiro's home run lifts Yankees over Blue Jays 6-4 (Yahoo Sports)
- NEW YORK (AP) -- Ichiro Suzuki homered for the first time since last August, prolonging extended slumps against the New York Yankees for Mark Buehrle and the Toronto Blue Jays.
Panthers QB Newton practices, not 100 percent yet (Yahoo Sports)
- Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton said that while his surgically repaired ankle is getting better, it's not completely healed. Newton looked sharp throwing passes but struggled with his footwork and timing on handoffs. Coach Ron Rivera said the Panthers will take it slow with Newton, making sure to avoid any potential setbacks.
Scotland pool party but where's the star guest?
Arsenal set to sign Â£16m Chambers
Injured G Carl Nicks, Bucs agree to part ways (Yahoo Sports)
- TAMPA, Fla. (AP) -- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are moving on without injured offensive lineman Carl Nicks, who appeared in just nine games over two seasons after signing a five-year, $47.5 million contract in free agency.
From cigarettes and alcohol to marathon man
Lallana to miss start of season
- Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana will miss the start of the season after suffering a knee injury in training.
English pair win swimming golds
Paul Parker - Soccer
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found