Negredo joins Valencia on loan
- Manchester City striker Alvaro Negredo joins Valencia on a season-long loan deal.
Holliday, Wong lead Cardinals past Pirates, 5-4 (Yahoo Sports)
- ST. LOUIS (AP) -- Matt Holliday had the go-ahead RBI single in the seventh inning after Kolten Wong's pinch-hit homer tied the score, leading the St. Louis Cardinals to a 5-4 win over the Pittsburgh Pirates on Monday.
England women thrash S Africa in T20
- Charlotte Edwards stars as England thrash South Africa by nine wickets in the opening game of their three-match Twenty20 series.
Bills WR Watkins practices after hurting ribs (Yahoo Sports)
- Buffalo Bills rookie receiver Sammy Watkins is still experiencing soreness after returning to practice for the first time since aggravating a rib injury last week. The first-round draft pick practiced fully Monday, and says he is preparing to play Sunday, when Buffalo opens the season at Chicago. Watkins declined to reveal the nature of the injury except to say follow-up tests showed it is something more than bruised ribs. He was initially hurt in the first quarter of a 19-16 preseason loss at Pittsburgh on Aug. 16.
Richards heads to Fiorentina on loan
- Manchester City defender Micah Richards - their longest serving player - has finalised a loan switch to Fiorentina.
Celtic complete deal for Scepovic
- Celtic sign Stefan Scepovic after a U-turn from the striker and work on a deal for Manchester City's John Guidetti.
Murray beats Tsonga to reach quarters
Murray beats Tsonga, into last eight
- Britain's Andy Murray beats Jo Wilfried-Tsonga 7-5 7-5 6-4 to book a US Open quarter-final against Novak Djokovic.
Bouchard loses to Makarova in US Open's 4th round (Yahoo Sports)
- NEW YORK (AP) -- Wilting in high heat and humidity, Eugenie Bouchard became the latest top woman to lose at the U.S. Open, ending her streak of making the semifinals at each Grand Slam tournament this year.
Hamels, 3 Phils relievers combine to no-hit Braves (Yahoo Sports)
- On Labor Day, Cole Hamels and the Philadelphia bullpen spread the workload on a no-hitter. Hamels and three Phillies relievers combined on the season's fourth no-hitter, blanking the Atlanta Braves 7-0 Monday and giving a last-place team a rare reason to celebrate. It was all the more unusual in that Hamels left the game with his bid intact after six innings. Relievers Jake Diekman, Ken Giles and closer Jonathan Papelbon each pitched a perfect inning to finish off the gem.
Paul Parker - Soccer
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found