Sharks beat Kings 4-3 in OT, take 3-0 series lead (Yahoo Sports)
- Patrick Marleau scored on a backhand 6:20 into overtime, and the San Jose Sharks moved to the brink of the second round with a 4-3 victory over the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night to take a 3-0 first-round series lead. Rookie Tomas Hertl tied it with 10:43 left in regulation for the Sharks, who survived a much-improved effort from their bitter California rivals after two blowout wins in San Jose. Marleau ended it for the Sharks with his third goal of the series. Antti Niemi stopped 28 shots for the Sharks.
Wizards beat Bulls 101-99 in OT to take 2-0 lead (Yahoo Sports)
- Bradley Beal came on strong late in regulation to finish with 26 points, Nene scored six of his 17 in overtime and the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls 101-99 Tuesday to take a 2-0 lead in their first-round series. Washington rallied from 10 down in the fourth quarter after blowing a 17-point first-quarter lead. Nene scored the first six points in overtime after being held in check by Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah in regulation, and the Wizards hung on after Kirk Hinrich failed to convert at the foul line in the closing seconds. Jimmy Butler got the rebound and Chicago called time.
DeRozan scores 30 as Raptors beat Nets 100-95 (Yahoo Sports)
- DeMar DeRozan scored 30 points, Jonas Valanciunas had 15 points and 14 rebounds for his second straight playoff double-double and the Toronto Raptors beat the Brooklyn Nets 100-95 on Tuesday night, evening their first-round playoff series at one game apiece. Amir Johnson scored 16 points and Kyle Lowry had 14 as the Raptors rebounded from a 94-87 loss in Game 1. Patrick Patterson had 12 points and Greivis Vasquez finished with 11. Joe Johnson scored 18 points, Deron Williams had 15 and Mirza Teletovic 14 for the Nets, who will host Game 3 on Friday night.
Canadiens sweep Lightning after 4-3 win (Yahoo Sports)
- Max Pacioretty lifted the Montreal Canadiens into the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs Tuesday night with a power-play goal with 43 seconds remaining for a 4-3 victory and a four-game sweep of Tampa Bay. The first team to advance this year, the Canadiens also got goals from Daniel Briere, Brendan Gallagher and Lars Eller. Montreal now faces a long wait for the Eastern Conference semifinal against the winner of the Boston-Detroit series. Ondrej Palat had a goal and an assist for Tampa Bay.
Pacers rally past Hawks 101-85 to even series (Yahoo Sports)
- Paul George scored 27 points and George Hill had all 15 of his points in the second half, leading the Indiana Pacers to a 101-85 victory over the Atlanta Hawks on Tuesday night in Game 2 of their first-round playoff series. The Pacers and Hawks are tied at a game apiece heading into Game 3 in Atlanta on Thursday. Paul Millsap finished with 19 for Atlanta. The first 24 minutes looked like an exact duplicate of Game 1, but the Pacers pulled away with a 31-13 third quarter.
Pujols' 500th HR helps Angels beat Nationals 7-2 (Yahoo Sports)
- Albert Pujols reached 500 homers in a hurry. The Angels first baseman became the first major leaguer to hit his 499th and 500th homers in the same game, driving in five runs to help Los Angeles beat the Washington Nationals 7-2 Tuesday night. Alex Rodriguez and Jimmie Foxx were both 32. As soon as he touched the plate, Pujols was greeted by his Angels teammates, who streamed over from the visiting dugout.
Jose Fernandez Ks 14, Marlins shut out Braves 1-0 (Yahoo Sports)
- Jose Fernandez matched his career high with 14 strikeouts in eight innings and combined with Steve Cishek on a three-hitter as the Miami Marlins shut out the Atlanta Braves 1-0 on Tuesday night. Fernandez (3-1) outpitched Atlanta's Alex Wood (2-3), who also was dominant. The Marlins gave Fernandez the only run he would need in the fourth. Giancarlo Stanton hit a one-out double to left field and scored on Casey McGehee's single up the middle.
Albert Pujols hits 500th HR of major league career (Yahoo Sports)
- WASHINGTON (AP) -- Albert Pujols has hit the 500th home run of his career, becoming the 26th player in major league history to reach that milestone.
30 top prospects to attend NFL draft in New York (Yahoo Sports)
- NEW YORK (AP) -- The NFL says 30 top prospects, including Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel and South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney, will attend the draft next month in New York.
Olympic medallist Williamson retires
- Alison Williamson will not bid for a record-breaking seventh Olympic appearance in Rio after retiring from archery.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found