Falcao caps record summer spending
- Radamel Falcao's loan move to Manchester United was the major deadline day signing as summer spending hits a record Â£835m.
Raiders tab rookie Derek Carr as starting QB (Yahoo Sports)
- Oakland rookie Derek Carr will start the season opener against the New York Jets. Coach Dennis Allen announced Monday that Carr got the nod ahead of Matt Schaub, who struggled in the preseason and has been hampered by a sore elbow. Carr will be the first rookie to start the season opener at quarterback in Raiders history. Carr was a second-round pick out of Fresno State in May. He will become the 18th starting quarterback for the Raiders since the start of the 2003 season.
Hull add Â£10m Hernandez & Ben Arfa
- Uruguay striker Abel Hernandez signs for Hull City from Palermo for a club-record fee, while Hatem Ben Arfa joins on loan.
Dizzy in heat, Bouchard out of upset-heavy US Open (Yahoo Sports)
- Bothered by the heat and stifling humidity, Eugenie Bouchard felt dizzy and her vision was blurry. Bouchard tried to carry on, but it was hardly an ideal time to try to win a tennis match. The No. 7-seeded Bouchard became the latest top woman to bow out at this surprise-filled U.S. Open, beaten 7-6 (2), 6-4 Monday by 17th-seeded Ekaterina Makarova of Russia in the fourth round.
Phil McNultyâs transfer window verdict
Man Utd sign Falcao on loan for Â£6m
- Manchester United sign Colombia international striker Radamel Falcao on loan from Ligue 1 side Monaco.
Arsenal sign Welbeck from Man Utd
Arsenal sign Welbeck for Â£16m
Dunn homers in 1st at-bat as A's top Mariners (Yahoo Sports)
- Adam Dunn is in a pennant race at last, and what an impression he made on his new team as the September stretch run began. Dunn provided instant pop for the struggling Athletics, hitting a towering, two-run homer in his debut at-bat for Oakland to highlight a 6-1 win over the Seattle Mariners on Monday in a matchup of playoff contenders. ''We're going to take full advantage.'' Acquired a day earlier in a trade with the Chicago White Sox, the 6-foot-6, 285-pound Dunn immediately became an imposing presence in the middle of Oakland's order. His drive was a welcome sight for a team that just got swept in a four-game series by the AL West-leading Los Angeles Angels and was shut out for 29 straight innings.
Dunn homers in 1st at-bat for A's, tops White Sox (Yahoo Sports)
- Adam Dunn provided instant pop for the struggling Athletics, hitting a towering, two-run homer in his first at-bat for Oakland to highlight a 6-1 win over the Seattle Mariners on Monday in a matchup of playoff contenders. Acquired a day earlier in a trade with the Chicago White Sox, Dunn became the 12th player in Oakland history to homer in his first at-bat with the team. His drive was a welcome sight for a team that just got swept in a four-game series by the AL West-leading Los Angeles Angels and was shut out for 29 straight innings. He provided a nice lift for an Oakland offense that has struggled since dealing Yoenis Cespedes to Boston for Jon Lester on July 31.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found