Kershaw earns 19th win, Dodgers beat Giants 4-2 (Yahoo Sports)
- Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly entered the eighth inning planning to take out Clayton Kershaw after the first batter. The left-hander retired Joe Panik on one pitch, and as Mattingly walked to the mound, he noticed Kershaw shaking his head and waving him back to the dugout. Kershaw struck out Buster Posey on three wicked sliders before getting Hunter Pence to fly out, and was done for real. Kenley Jansen pitched a perfect ninth to seal Kershaw's major league-leading 19th win, and the Dodgers moved three games ahead of San Francisco in the NL West with a 4-2 victory over the Giants on Sunday.
Broncos fend off Chiefs 24-17 with goal-line stand (Yahoo Sports)
- DENVER (AP) -- Terrance Knighton batted away Alex Smith's fourth-and-goal pass to Dwayne Bowe with 15 seconds left, preserving the Denver Broncos' 24-17 win over the scrappy Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday.
Gates' 3 TD catches carry Bolts to 30-21 upset (Yahoo Sports)
- SAN DIEGO (AP) -- The San Diego Chargers used an old, familiar combo - Philip Rivers to Antonio Gates - to upset the defending Super Bowl champion Seattle Seahawks.
McIlroy misses out on Â£6m prize
Another injury for RG3; Redskins top Jaguars 41-10 (Yahoo Sports)
- Robert Griffin III hobbled through the Washington Redskins' locker room on crutches, the kind of scene that has become so familiar. The franchise player was hurt again Sunday, dislocating his left ankle in the first quarter of a 41-10 win over the Jacksonville Jaguars. ''Moments like this,'' Griffin said, ''you just have to keep the faith.'' X-rays and an MRI will offer more specifics, but the Redskins for now belong to Kirk Cousins, who looked more comfortable in new coach Jay Gruden's offense than Griffin ever did, Cousins completed his first 12 passes and finished 22 of 33 for 250 yards and a pair of touchdowns against the woeful Jaguars. ''He's waited patiently, and now his time is going to come to really take this thing and run with it.'' This was truly a next-man-up game for the Redskins (1-1).
Charles, Berry out with ankle injuries vs. Broncos (Yahoo Sports)
- The Kansas City Chiefs have been hit hard by injuries for a second straight week, with All-Pro running back Jamaal Charles and safety Eric Berry leaving the game against Denver because of ankle ailments Sunday. Charles was stopped on a run up the middle early in the first quarter and then hobbled to the bench. He was examined by the medical staff as Knile Davis replaced him in the backfield. Kansas City was trying to get Charles more involved in the offense this week after giving him just seven carries against Tennessee.
Kinsler, Martinez HRs help Tigers beat Indians 6-4 (Yahoo Sports)
- DETROIT (AP) -- Ian Kinsler hit a go-ahead, two-run homer in the seventh inning, and the Detroit Tigers opened a 1 1/2-game AL Central lead by beating the Cleveland Indians 6-4 Sunday for a three-game sweep.
Hoyer leads Browns to 26-24 shocker over Saints (Yahoo Sports)
- Billy Cundiff kicked a 29-yard field goal with three seconds left, giving the Cleveland Browns a 26-24 win over the New Orleans Saints on Sunday. Cundiff's kick helped the Browns (1-1) snap a nine-game losing streak in home openers and gave rookie coach Mike Pettine his first NFL win. Cleveland had not won at home since 2004. Quarterback Brian Hoyer drove the Browns 85 yards in 14 plays in the final 2:46 to set up Cundiff's game-winner.
Horschel caps amazing run with FedEx Cup (Yahoo Sports)
- ATLANTA (AP) -- Billy Horschel capped off the best three weeks of his career by winning the FedEx Cup and a $10 million bonus.
Kinsler, Martinez HRs help Tigers sweep Indians (Yahoo Sports)
- DETROIT (AP) -- Ian Kinsler hit a go-ahead homer in the seventh and the Detroit Tigers swept a three-game series against Cleveland by beating the Indians 6-4 Sunday.
- NCAA Baseball
- NCAA Football
- NCAA basketball
- NCAA Women's Basketball
- Motor Sports: CART
- Motor Sports: IRL
- Motor Sports: NASCAR
- Shutdown Corner - NFL
- Big League Stew - MLB
- Ball Don't Lie - NBA
- Puck Daddy - NHL
- Dr. Saturday - NCAAF
- The Dagger - NCAAB
- From the Marbles - NASCAR
- Devil Ball Golf - Golf
- Roto Arcade - Fantasy
- Cagewriter - MMA
No news found